Doing good for Christ's sake isn't just our history - it's our ongoing commitment to our neighbors.
See which mission partner we're featuring this month.
Every month, we make space to highlight our ministry partners and how they’re joining with God’s work of justice around them.
Pilgrim Center for Reconciliation
During January, we are highlighting one of our partners who works internationally and locally, the Pilgrim Center for Reconciliation. Take a moment to learn about them below!
The Pilgrim Center for Reconciliation is called to bring hope and healing by renewing individuals, restoring relationships, and revitalizing communities through the ministry of reconciliation. They have been led to places of historic and contemporary pain and conflict and their current focus of ministry includes East Africa, Mexico, and the United States.
Through healing and reconciliation retreats, courses, seminars, and conciliatory conversations, they host safe, brave spaces where personal issues of the heart and interpersonal issues can be graciously addressed by the Spirit and the Word of God. They have hosted these spaces in multiple congregations and organizations here in the Twin Cities including here at Meetinghouse Church.
Visit their website to watch a short video from a course hosted this past year with Zion Baptist Church in North Minneapolis and Westgate Church in Wayzata.
An introduction video will be shown during the service on January 15 and Tim Uthmann (new U.S. Ministry Director for PCR) will be at the Connection Corner after the service, so stop by to say hi.
To learn more about the work of healing and reconciliation, the following are upcoming opportunities to connect.
- * Way of Reconciliation Course (introducing fundamental concepts of reconciliation): This virtual course will be held on Zoom on Thursday evenings January 19th – February 23rd from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Click here for more information.
- * Heart of Healing Retreat (discover new pathways to hope, healing, and reconciliation): This one day retreat will be on Saturday February 25th from 9:00 – 4:00 p.m. at Bethel Christian Fellowship in St Paul. Click here for more information and to register.
- * MidWinter Gathering with Friends: This informal open house evening is Tuesday Jan 31st from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Mercy Vineyard Church in Minneapolis. Come enjoy food, fun, and fellowship with others connected with the Pilgrim Center work and get introduced to new PCR U.S. Ministry Director, Tim Uthmann and new PCR International Ministry Director Sam Snyder. No RSVP needed.
For those interested in further engagement, there will be future training opportunities to become retreat, course and conversation facilitators.
To donate financially in support of the Pilgrim Center for Reconciliation, please use Pushpay and select “Missions Special Gifts” or write your check to Meetinghouse Church and designate “Missions Special Gifts.”
We invite you to pray:
- * 2023 is their “Year to Expand!” Please pray that God will guide and provide for them as they continue to follow Him into new places to bring this vital message and ministry of reconciliation to new peoples.
- * For their new U.S. staff members, Tim and Sam, as well as new emerging partners and leaders in the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo), South Sudan, and Mexico.